On Friday, I asked what everyone had planned for the weekend. Here’s my answer.
1. We started our weekend off with a party. (We brought some super yummy, mini apple pies.) Who doesn’t love a party?!? Especially when you get to celebrate another great GU9 soccer season. I’m very proud of my little soccer player. Isabella has always been apprehensive when playing against much bigger opponents. I don’t blame her, I would be a little afraid going up against someone bigger/taller than me, haha. But this season, she pushed passed that and did awesome – and scored a ton of goals!
2. No, I am not wearing leopart print fleece pants. Our Saturday morning because with an early basketball tournament game. It was cold in there! Even with my coffee and blanket, I was freezing! Definitely not typical for indoor sports. But that didn’t bother Ben’s team. They finished the day 2-0, going against some pretty tough competition.
3. One thing I will truly miss is the drive home on the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Once construction begins, we will love one of the most beautiful ways to view Seattle. Which is made even more beautiful with the Great Wheel. Sigh.
4. Love that the Seattle Seahawks gave veterans near and far a shout out and a win!
5. Continuing our West Seattle tradition, another visit to Bakery Nouveau for some cookies for the kids and Half – Bakeds for me.
6. In the midst of a 2 tournament weekend, we were able to celebrate with one of our favorite one year old cowboys! We were treated to delicious food and our favorite balloon artist, The Balloon Baffoon. Having 4 kids, we’ve seen our share of balloon men and women. He can make anything – monkeys on trees, aliens, ladybug bracelets, fishing poles, and my favorite, an octopus complete with tentacles!
Whatever you guys did, I hope that it was awesome!