Yesterday was a great day! It started like most of our days’ do. Eleanor will sneak into our bed for some cuddles before we get ready for the day. We head downstairs to eat breakfast. The big kids take their time waking up, so breakfast is a pretty drawn out. I make some coffee and check in on work emails.
Theast few 4ths, we’ve spent with our wonderful neighbors. They are like family to us. But this year we wanted to spend the holiday with my cousins, the cousins 2.0, and our parents. Like most of our family get togethers we like to rotate hosting duties. This year was our turn. So after a quick tidying up of the house, I saw that we needed to add something festive for the occasion. That’s when I remembered I had a ton of Hygloss Tissue Paper Circles left over from a previous craft project.
And with a few, okay, very many tissue paper circles, sewing thread and tape, this is what happened.
A simple, easy and quick polka dot backdrop, totally made our party more festive in minutes!
How – To:
1. Arrange your tissue paper circles in your desired pattern. Mine is Red, Blue.
2. Cut your thread to the desired length.
3. Place thread over the tissue paper circles.
4. Tape the thread to the circles. I found that placing them closer to the perimeter worked best. It really helped with the spin factor
5. Decorate your space with your new tissue paper cirlce garland.